I am building some houses in order to sell them. Do I have to provide the buyers with NHBC cover

If you are building new houses or converting a building into a house that was previously something else, then you have two choices.  One is to provide NHBC, Premier Guarantee or a similar guarantee recognised by the Council of Mortgage Lenders.  The other is to obtain a certificate from a professional such as an architect, in a particular form which is approved by the Council of Mortgage Lenders.  Even if your buyer is not having a mortgage, most of us solicitors will work at least to the standard that the Council of Mortgage Lenders requires and so it is almost invariably necessary to do this

Need some help or advice?

Let our legal experts give you a few pointers