I am thinking of buying a mobile home park. Can I just buy a field and apply for planning

You can but you may not be terribly successful.  The development of a mobile home park is something that is quite strictly regulated and there is quite clear law on the matter.  It is not just a matter of obtaining planning as you need to obtain a Site Licence under the Caravan Site and Control of Development Act 1960.  Very strict guidelines are imposed.  If you are interested in the acquisition or development of a mobile home park it is essential that you seek professional advice.

Need some help or advice?

Let our legal experts give you a few pointers