Agricultural / Rural Affairs

Chubb Bulleid has a wealth of experience in dealing with agricultural property matters.  A number of our property department members come from farming backgrounds.

Our team deals with all types of agricultural matters from small holding and grass keep licences to the sale of entire farms.

Although seemingly straight forward, agricultural property matters have the added complication of payments to land owners offered by various schemes run by agencies such as Natural England. We understand the intricacies of these matters allowing us to offer wider advice in this area, whether dealing with land transfers or tenancies.

Chubb Bulleid have expertise in matters involving land and farms sold at auction and can make and prepare a comprehensive auction pack for Sellers, and can consider and review packs when acting for potential purchasers. A member of our team can also accompany you to the auction and can guide you through the entire process.

Agricultural Property transactions are mainly driven and regulated by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 or the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995.  Chubb Bulleid have dealt with numerous transactions concerning this legislation and can also offer advice on the following:

  • Farm Business Tenancies
  • Grass keep and Grazing Licences
  • Equestrian paddocks
  • Basic Payment Schemes
  • Entry Level and Higher Level Schemes
  • Sale and Purchase of farms
  • Sale and Purchase of farmland
  • Sites of Special Scientific Interest
  • Sporting rights
  • Common Land
  • Auction sales
  • Boundaries
  • Access
  • Title
  • Chancel repair
  • Planning
  • Wind Farms
  • Solar Farms

Our Team

Matt Chalfont-Griffin
Solicitor Director
01458 844102
Laura Maden
Solicitor Director
01458 844115
Bruce Scobie
Solicitor Director
01749 836104