Care Homes

The sale or purchase of a care home is not simply a matter of a property transaction.  There are important rules and regulations which have to be adhered to as part of the process.  The current independent regulator for health and social care in England is the Care Quality Commission and as part of any acquisition of a residential care home, any new owners will need to be appointed as the registered providers of the home and the business run from it.  Not surprisingly, there is a rigorous process for anyone seeking to become a registered provider of a residential care home.

Chubb Bulleid can act in all aspects of care homes including the purchase or sale of the building and also the acquisition of the business as a going concern.  It is essential to liaise with Accountants, Financial Advisers and your Bankers with regard to the transaction.

Contracts for the sale and purchase of a residential care home are complex and careful consideration must be given to all aspects.  In addition to dealing with matters relating to the property and the business itself, it is essential to ensure that the home has all the required licences and registrations and that all statutory requirements with regard to electrical and gas appliances, asbestos, fire risk assessments and legionnaires disease have been complied with.  Full details of Local Authority contracts and funding need to be obtained and checked to ensure there are no ongoing issues with the residential care home.

Whilst we tend not to become involved in the registration process for the Care Quality Commission, Chubb Bulleid can deal with all other aspects of the sale and purchase of residential care homes including;

To speak to one of our experts please call us on 01749 836100 or Ask us a question


    How can we help you?

    Please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can